Friday, August 1, 2014

August 1st - Day One of #writeyourselfalive - Did She Really Want To?






 
The sound of incoming incoming incoming....
another chime
another bell
Ding
Ringtones
Another invite via Facebook Nation
I look at the Title
WRITE YOURSELF ALIVE
how appropriate since today I feel anything but
 
I have spent the past month doing almost everything in my power to NOT write...
why you might ask? well ....
lately words to me are just that words. At times so meaningless coming out of another's mouth.
Me a LOVER of words, the breaking down of them, the meanings behind them - the blasting honesty, yet Words of Weather - not much of a fan lately.
 
When the invite glared me down I hesitated, exhaled and accepted knowing I couldn't hide any longer, knowing that I needed to purge the word prison within.
I sat for a moment pondering: Oh you really need to think of something creative something spectacular, yet today spectacular isn't just that. I stop myself knowing that I will not do this for the applause that I will do this to continue to grow and fight through these shadows that blur my vision.
 
This past week I have had the urge to write, yet didn't want the waters to wash me away, because if I opened the door I would dissolve, or so I felt.
This is just it - words can be covered in sweetness, yet when bitten into there is an extremely sour center. Uncover the Sour - and write until my face puckers and explodes.
 
So with a puckered face I salivate a thank you for the invite to #writeyourselfalive
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment